San Francisco find #1
Places I have found and loved in San Francisco, which is usually by accident in a city.
Find #1... Went for a run yesterday from the hotel near Union Square to the Embarcadero along the waterfront and I loved it. It was so tropical running on a path lined with the water on one side and palm trees on the other side, people running in shorts and t-shirts, and the temperatures around 16 degrees C (sorry to rub it in for any family or friends in colder climates). I ran in track pants and jacket with the typical Ottawa thinking to be prepared for any weather and that it's just a trick and will get cold at any minute. I ran past the historic Ferry building (1 Ferry Building at Market Street) and decided to peak in. I absolutely loved it and thought it was a great find for foodies like me. There are numerous unique and interesting stores selling seasonal, sustainable and local products, from Napa Valley wines with a store and bar called the Wine Merchant with their tag line "We spit so you don't have to" (WWW.FPWM.COM), to local homemade chocolates, to locally picked mushrooms, to organic olive oils, to artisan cheeses at Cowgirl Creamery www.cowgirlcreamery.com (don't you love that name!), and a variety of interesting looking cafes and restaurants. The building is the place that you take the ferries to the different nearby islands and there is a small boardwalk where you can walk or take out some food to enjoy on one of the benches, which is what I did. I had some takeout from a neat modern Japanese delicatessan called Delica rf-1 that "uses fresh, wholesome ingredients and is prepared with a Japanese sensitivity towards food and life and the environment" www.delicarf1.com I went inside the terminal building to find in particular a restaurant that Chef Eric says it is one his favourite places to eat in town. It's called the Slanted Door (
Find #1... Went for a run yesterday from the hotel near Union Square to the Embarcadero along the waterfront and I loved it. It was so tropical running on a path lined with the water on one side and palm trees on the other side, people running in shorts and t-shirts, and the temperatures around 16 degrees C (sorry to rub it in for any family or friends in colder climates). I ran in track pants and jacket with the typical Ottawa thinking to be prepared for any weather and that it's just a trick and will get cold at any minute. I ran past the historic Ferry building (1 Ferry Building at Market Street) and decided to peak in. I absolutely loved it and thought it was a great find for foodies like me. There are numerous unique and interesting stores selling seasonal, sustainable and local products, from Napa Valley wines with a store and bar called the Wine Merchant with their tag line "We spit so you don't have to" (WWW.FPWM.COM), to local homemade chocolates, to locally picked mushrooms, to organic olive oils, to artisan cheeses at Cowgirl Creamery www.cowgirlcreamery.com (don't you love that name!), and a variety of interesting looking cafes and restaurants. The building is the place that you take the ferries to the different nearby islands and there is a small boardwalk where you can walk or take out some food to enjoy on one of the benches, which is what I did. I had some takeout from a neat modern Japanese delicatessan called Delica rf-1 that "uses fresh, wholesome ingredients and is prepared with a Japanese sensitivity towards food and life and the environment" www.delicarf1.com I went inside the terminal building to find in particular a restaurant that Chef Eric says it is one his favourite places to eat in town. It's called the Slanted Door (

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home