Wednesday, January 16, 2008

While I haven't written for awhile...










From the sand and surf...




Well, this is why I haven't written in awhile. Dave and I were busy enjoying the sun, sand and surfs of Cuba, a brief much needed escape to do nothing but lie on the beach, play in the waves, and read lots. Yes there were some culinary books but I tried to limit them so I could truly escape. Yes, I love what I do but it can all be a bit overwhelming at times when your house is filled with cookbooks, clippings, drawings, notes on dishes, menus, ideas or ingredients to try or that have been tested, and that is just during waking hours. My dreaming hours were spent dreaming of new dishes or worrying that I had left an oven on or other mishap. Not good when you wake up your partner in the middle of the night to ask if the oven is off? And what does a nice saftety concerned partner do in the middle of the night? Go downstairs into the kitchen and check of course and then never believing you again. So, in short, we both needed to escape to where the only worries were... am I getting too sun burnt on one side and should I turn over? is it time to eat yet? what should we drink next? wonder what people in Ottawa are doing now? and questions about wildlife around...
if you get the chance, check out this very short video clip at the turtle sanctuary we visited... does anyone know if this turtle is angry, mating or other? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxTpRVT-oO0 ... those were the kind of worldly questions we would be asking each other during our trip...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home