Wednesday, May 28, 2008

ZenKitchen Newsletter - May 26

Dear friends of ZenKitchen,

ZenKitchen Gourmet Dinners:

Saturday, May 31 - Japanese-inspired menu

Saturday, June 28 - Food and wine pairing led by Joe Hatz

ZenKitchen Classes:

June 11 - Elegance, Purity and Simplicity: Japanese Vegetarian Cuisine at the Urban Element (theurbanelement.ca)

Media Coverage:

National Post

-------------------------------------------------------------

I have just arrived back from a wonderful culinary adventure in Tokyo over the past few weeks, eating my way through the city and learning more about Japanese cuisine. While in Tokyo, I continued writing in my blog on my adventures and have a photo album on flickr.com to accompany my stories if you are interested. (http://www.flicrk.com/photos/zenkitchen/sets/72157604852245400/)

I come back from my trip with many inspirations and ideas, and some ingredients, for future ZenKitchen dinners. The next dinner on Saturday, May 31 at the Chelsea Club will have a Japanese-inspired theme to bring my fresh ideas to the table and celebrate Asian Heritage Month. We've decided to open up another room for the dinner to accommodate more people so we still have some limited spaces for this dinner if you are interested. To reserve, email dinners@zenkitchen.ca. I'd love to see you there!

Also, Dave and I are very excited about the Saturday, June 28 dinner that will be a special foo d and wine pairing dinner, led by wine consultant and writer Joe Hatz who has been an enthusiastic supporter of ZenKitchen and is a highly knowledgeable and talented sommelier. We are delighted to able to work together with Joe to put on this special event for you. I know many of you have loved the previous food and wine pairing events and have asked for me, so la voila! To reserve, email dinners@zenkitchen.ca

The National Post journalist Amy Rosen writes the weekly column "Dish". She attended the February ZenKitchen dinner and I was pleased to find out that she published a column on May 14 entitled "Vegans: More than just tofu squares!" about her experience at the ZenKitchen dinner and she includes the recipe for the Jewelled Salad that was part of the menu. Here's a link to the column: http://www.nationalpost.com/arts/story.html?id=512739

I wanted to touch base with you quickly upon landing on Canadian soil. Speaking of soil, I went to the Lansdowne Farmer's Market on Sunday and I was inspired by the fresh produce available and coming up, and thrilled with the increasing attendance and support of the Farmer's Market by the community.

Warm regards, Caroline

Caroline Ishii
Chef and Owner
ZenKitchen
www.zenkitchen.ca

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home