Monday, August 04, 2008

Seitan worshipper

August 3, 2008

Today was the moment I was waiting for. I was to meet seitan. While I was prepping, the sous chef called my name and said " looks like it's your lucky day, you're gonna to find out what you've been asking about". My heart fluttered and I was excited. Today I would meet seitan!

For those unfamiliar with seitan, it's a vegetable protein source that is made from gluten flour and is used in different ways around the world. It is sometimes called wheat gluten or fu in Asian cultures I believe. Dave and I have been experimenting with seitan for awhile with limited success, or not to the point we could serve happily to guests. The restaurant serves beautiful seitan. So, I watched the sous chef closely, hoping I could remember the details when I try to replicate it back home. We'll see what transpires, and it just might end up on the plates of lucky ZenKitchen dinner guests....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home