Cutting News
I am totally exhausted from a day with knives...
The day started with the much anticipated distribution of the knife and garde manger sets and then courses on the structure and handling of knives, starting with the Japanese Usuba knife. Today we start with the French or Chef's knife set and continue chopping, mincing, matchsticking, julienning, shredding, etc. etc. And, there was only one minor injury in our class yesterday, which the chef instructor said is excellent as some classes start with many people cutting themselves. Judged by how much blood is shed or not... that's a different evaluation system than what I'm used to!
On the subway home, I think I sat across Miranda or Cynthia Nixon from Sex in the City across from me. She got off at the stop before me. It's really hard to believe that stars take the subway, look normal and I am in NYC filled with celebrities of all kinds. Also, saw the actor Martin Landau walking down the street close to me.
I owe, I owe so off to chop I go... Caroline

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home